- All Rentals are on a first come first serve basis.
- Orders can be placed over the phone, by fax, email or in person in our store. Rentals are reserved only when a worksheet is started and a deposit is received. Deposits are non refundable.
Broken or lost equipment
We offer an optional damage waiver at 7% of the total rental. This waiver covers broken or damaged equipment only. Lost items are NOT covered under the damage waiver and are charged at replacement cost price. For this reason, damaged items must be returned to be eligible for protection. If the damage waiver is declined at the time of rental, all damaged and missing items will be charged at replacement cost price.
Damage Waiver is NOT Insurance
You are responsible for any loss or damage to the Rented Items and for their return in the same condition in which they were received, except for ordinary wear and tear. If you accept the Damage Waiver however, we agree to waive our right to recover from you the amount of damage to the Rented Items.
The Damage Waiver does not cover:
- Stolen, lost or missing equipment
- Misuse or abuse of equipment
- Customer negligence
- Damage incurred by a third party
The Renter has the right to decline the Damage Waiver and NJS Design Event & Party Rentals. has the right to decline to offer the Damage Waiver. We also reserve the right to ask for a damage deposit of a minimum of $100.00 per rental contract if the Damage Waiver is declined.
- All rentals are paid for 1 weeks prior to the rental, Payments towards the rentals can be made in advance of the rental date if the customer wishes. Delivery personnel do not carry change or handle payments.
- Our standard rental period is one day. Any rental items kept for longer than the specified rental period will be charged according to the rental schedule. All rentals are subject to applicable taxes.
- All returns are due back between 9 a.m. and 12 noon the day following the event. Weekend rentals are due Monday. Where Monday is a holiday the rentals are still due back . Rentals not returned by noon Monday will have a late fee charged.
- All rentals are FOB our shop at Clinton, Ontario. Delivery/Pickup and/or set-up of your rental item(s) is not included in the rental prices and can be quoted upon request. Deliveries will be made the day prior to the rental period, earlier in some cases. Pickup/Returns will be the day after the event.
- Downsizing of qty’s is allowed to a max of 10% up to 16 days before your event.
- All glassware, dinnerware and cutlery must be returned rinsed and free of all food or liquid. $45 cleaning charge applies otherwise. Please return all dinnerware, cutlery and glassware in it’s original container. A charge will be made for boxes not returned. Our count of the items must be accepted as the final count.
Do I have to wash the table cloths after we use them?
Of course not! The rental price includes laundering and pressing. Just shake them out and put them in the laundry bags we provided. We’ll take it from there.
How will they be packaged when I receive them?
All linens will be pressed, folded and wrapped in protective plastic. Table skirting will arrive in protective plastic (which you return them to after use).
Am I responsible for food stains?
Generally, No. Nearly all common food stains (coffee, wine, punch, gravy, meat sauce stain, alcohol and chocolate, etc) can be removed during the linen processing. If an accident happens with a cup of coffee or red wine, or if the spaghetti sauce gets a little out of hand. Don’t worry about it. We’ve just about seen it all.
What am I responsible for?
You are held responsible for linens returned with excessive amounts of food attached to them, candle wax, handwriting from ink pens or markers, etc., burns, mildew, and excessive “ground in” dirt. (Usually a result of using the table linen as a “mop” to clean up after the party.)
We wish all our rentals returned with no damages, and the majority usually do…however if an item is not returned or is returned with damage and is not reusable the replacement cost will be deducted from the damage deposit.
Responsibility for equipment remains with the customer from time of delivery/pickup to time of return. Please be sure equipment is secure when not in use and protected from the weather.