You ask a lot of brides what they dream of on their wedding day and wedding linens are rarely ever included. It’s always the dress, the venue, the flowers, etc. So we love it when brides understand how important a role linens play into their big day. Months down the road, guests may not remember what color napkins they wiped their mouth with or what color chair ties were on the seats.What will be remembered is how beautiful the room looked and felt when the entered it for the first time. And that’s the feeling that NJS Design Event & Party Rentals strives to achieve with each and every event! We’ve put together a list that hopefully can help turn the daunting task of choosing rental wedding linens
into a simple (and dare we say FUN!) process:
1. Don’t Wait Until the Last Minute It always amazes us how often we get frantic phone calls from brides that are 1-2 weeks away from their wedding and haven’t thought about linens for their reception. By that time, the bride’s first choice for linens may already be rented out so they have to decide on an alternate. It’s very important to start making a decision on linens at least 6-8 months before the event date if possible. The sooner the better!
2. Know What You Need Before you contact a rental linen company, it’s important to get a count of all the tables and chairs that you’ll need linens for. Be sure to include gift tables, dj tables, buffet tables (if your caterer isn’t supplying these), guest and head tables and escort card tables. NJS Design Event & Party Rentals allows orders to be adjusted up/down until 2 weeks before the event, but it’s always better to be as prepared as you can. Last minute changes aren’t necessarily guaranteed with all companies.
3. Compare Apples to Apples There is nothing wrong with contacting a few rental linen companies to see which one is the right fit for your wedding. Make sure to get a detailed description of the type of linens each company is quoting you. One company’s satin may not be the same as the next. For example, we use a medium weight lamour (matte) satin for our linens and chair covers which may be different from another company’s quote which is using thinner, shiny satin. Please remember you really do get what you pay for. Setup day is not the day to find out that you choose your supplier incorrectly.
4. Get a Swatch
Brides today are experimenting more with colors – which we love. And it’s important to know what shade of gold or hue of blue,
the linen company you rent from is providing. If possible, try to get a swatch of the linen you are ordering. It may come in handy in future meetings with your dress shop or florist..
Most linen rental companies do offer swatches for free or a minimal cost. Don’t be afraid to ask.
5. Understand All Costs Like #3 above, all rental companies operate differently. Be sure to understand each company’s quote when it regards delivery, pickup, setup and breakdown. NJS Design Event & Party Rentals offers delivery the day before the event and pickup the day or two after the event. However, this is not true with all rental companies. Ask about deliver and pick up costs of the linens. Also, determine who will be
doing the setup of the reception area and taking it down after it ends. Usually this is a separate cost added onto the quote, but some brides assume it is included in the rental price.
6. Spend Your Money Wisely Brides often think they need to spend a lot of money to make the reception stand out which isn’t true. If you have a limited budget, try asking your reception venue if they include standard polyester tablecloths in their package. If so, consider just renting chair cover or specialty runners (like our rosette satin) for each table. This is a great way to add some visual interest to the room without spending too much money. Also, a really nice cake table and/or head table linen is a great way to add some WOW factor to any reception.
7. Have FUN! Choosing linens for a wedding shouldn’t be a chore. Tablecloths and chair covers are a fantastic way to dress up even the most drab reception room. Be creative and ask your linen company for ideas and new products. Look in bridal magazines and online sources such as Pinterest for reception ideas. Brides are starting to take some bold choices when it comes to reception decor and the end result is unique and eye-catching!
We hope these pointers help you in your quest for the perfect wedding linens! Happy Planning